Wifey came home last night. We stopped at Winn Dixie on the way home so she could buy stuff for a salad. We ended up spending over $70. She kept asking me if we had this in the house or that in the house and of course I didn't so she bought some. I had planned to take her out to eat somewhere but she was too tired and just wanted to go home. So I had some reheated spaghetti and a salad for supper and she had a salad and some chicken wings.
Today I found out that I didn't know quite as much about house cleaning as I thought I did. Wifey started going around pointing out things that I had missed or hadn't cleaned well enough. She was right of course. I lamely told her that I had tried to clean this or that but the stains or dirt wouldn't come off. She said they would. After we ate breakfast and walked around the block with the dog, we went to Walmart. I had a list of 9 items that I wanted to get. We ended up spending $171 including about $50 worth of cleaning liquids and supplies. After we got home, she started on the bathroom. I thought I had done a pretty good job in there. Wrong. The black stuff around the edge of the tub that I thought wouldn't come off (I had scrubbed and scrubbed and even used steel wool to no avail) she got off fairly easily using Tilex and a scrubber. She just sprayed it, let it sit for a while, scrubbed it, sprayed it again, let it sit for awhile, scrubbed it. Before too long the black was almost gone. I was impressed.
In between Tilex sprayings, she started going through the linen closet. I hadn't really done much with that. She washed all the towels and sheets and most of the blankets and quilts (some are too big for our washer and we will have to take them to a laundromat with a commercial size washing machine). In the kitchen she started taking everything out of the drawers and cabinets and washing it all. In a little while, the tiled walls above the counters, which I thought I had done a good job on, were sparkling clean. And she wasn't even breathing hard. My approach was to use a standard cleaner and lots of elbow grease. She would use a specialized cleaner (she knew exactly which one), would let it soak and then wipe it off and presto......hospital clean.
Wifey agreed with me that the blinds would do for now but she wants to rent a shampooer for all the rugs. I thought they looked okay but I guess she is right. I don't think they have ever been shampooed. The way she has been eyeing the walls and cabinets and stuff, I know she wants to repaint everything. I'm sure she'll bring that up next. Oh well, at least I don't have to do all the cooking anymore. Let's see what else I can get away with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment