Sunday, August 16, 2009

PRICELINE


"Priceline. How may I help you today?"
"Hello. I'd like to get an airline ticket and name my own price."
"Where do you want to go?"
"Daytona Beach to San Francisco."
"What is your price?"
"Oh, I don't know......say twenty bucks."
"One moment please....."
"He put me on hold. hmmmm. nice music.....I think it's the theme frome 'Airplane'."
"Okay, sir. For twenty dollars we can't get you a jet. It will be a propellor driven aircraft."
"Well, that's okay. It'll take a lot longer but for only twenty dollars, who cares? Just as long as it's a reputable airline and safe."
"It's Jack's Plane Rental."
"Ewwwwww! Well I guess it's okay as long as the pilot is experienced."
"The best student pilot Embry-Riddle has. Guaranteed to have at least twenty hours solo with no more than three landing mishaps."
"Ouch! I think I better go with a regular airline."
"The cheapest I have is an additional $100.00 and it will still be a prop job."
"I can live with that. What kind of a seat can I get?"
"We can give you a wing seat."
"Oh bummer, I won't be able to look down at the ground."
"I think you could if you just leaned forward a little bit but you'd have to be careful you didn't stick your face in the propellor blades."
"Huh??!! Oh, I get it.....wing seat. Uh uh. How much to fly inside the plane?"
"That would be another $100.00 making it $220.00 for your ticket."
"Well that's still pretty good. Could I get a window seat?"
"No, actually you'd be riding in the wheel well."
"I see. How much for a regular seat?"
"Another $50.00 making your ticket $270.00."
"Well, that still beats what my wife paid. How many pieces of luggage can I take?"
"Luggage? Sir, that would be another $50.00 making your ticket price $320.00."
"That's still below the lowest fares from the travel agencies. It's a long flight though. I hope they feed us......wait, stop......I know.....that will be another $50.00!"
"$70.00."
"Making the cost of my 'Name Your Own Price' plane ticket $390.00."
"Exactly, sir. What did your wife pay?"
"$400 and change."
"Ta-Da!! Priceline comes through again. Aren't you glad you called us?"
"Yeah, I guess so. I probably can't get a round trip plane ticket to San Francisco for less anywhere else."
"Round trip, sir?"

No comments:

Post a Comment